Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tour of the Sky: Day 2

The third stage was a 27.5 mile road race in Sussex County. 

Socks: I’m with awesome 
Pre-Race song: Normalize “Nostalgia” 
Fun Factor: 7 out of 10 because there was no action until I decided to shake things up on the final lap 



While we were lining up I was talking to a friend of mine who races for another team. She was in contention to place in the GC if she did well in this race, so I decided to do some work for her. For the past two and a half months, I’ve watched teammates work together during races and it really makes me wish I could be a part of something like that. 

After the race, we waited around forever for the results. There was a significant amount of chaos and the officials said not to bother waiting so we headed for Stokes State Forest to hike Sunrise Mountain and a section of the Appalachian Trail. 


The highlight of my weekend was scoring this most excellent Unicorn travel coin that was in a geocache located a few hundred feet from the Appalachian Trail. 



MySpace Tracker

No comments: