Friday, July 13, 2012

99 Problems

I start a new training block every six weeks. It includes workout descriptions, which are fairly straightforward, but there is usually one that I cannot successfully complete on the first attempt.

On occasion, there is a workout that takes multiple attempts to figure out. Such is the case right now. I’ve been unsuccessful in determining the correct gear and cadence to hit my target. It’s not that I’m physically unable to perform the task; it’s just a matter of figuring out how to do it.

It requires a certain amount of patience on my part. I’ve conceded to the fact that I’m not going to nail every workout the first time around. After all, this is still new to me. There is a sense of accomplishment when I figure it out, especially the more challenging ones.

Recently, I was reminded that sometimes, life can feel like an endless training block.  There are going to be obstacles placed in my way that I’ll be unable to get over on the first attempt. Eventually, I will figure it out and will be a better person for having done so.

Sometimes people will look at your obstacle and not understand why it is so difficult for you to overcome because they were able to figure it out on the first attempt. That may frustrate them more than it frustrates you. Sometimes people will be impatient. What they don’t realize is that this impatience denies you of the room you need to grow.

Eventually, I figure it out. I always do. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but I’m thankful for the people in my life who give me the space I need to grow and trust that I will eventually get it right.

MySpace Tracker

No comments: