Tuesday, July 24, 2012

two parts

The phrase "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" has been around since 1967. I like it. I like it a lot. And, while I don’t necessarily consider myself to be the solution to any problem, I am far from being part of the problem.

Recently, I have struggled with my surroundings. I guess you could say that “the problem” is causing a problem for me. I feel overexposed to excess and waste. It bothers me. It also makes me feel isolated to a certain degree because the people around me don’t seem to take issue with it.

There are even people in my own life, people whom I care about, who are part of the problem...and I don’t know what to do with this.

Sometimes, it would be nice to share a knowing glance with someone else who gets it; someone who is on the same page as me. I’m not saying that my book is any better than yours. I’m just saying that most days, it feels like it’s a little bit different.

MySpace Tracker

No comments: