Monday, July 2, 2012

forty feet in the air

This is the walk to work...
 


Today, I worked 40 feet in the air, on the zip line platform. A group of about 45 middle school students came to play with us at Ironwood Outdoor Center.

This is my second year working the platform. Ninety percent of the time, the first thing I hear is that they can’t do it because they’re scared. One after the other, all day long...I can’t...It’s too high...I want to get down...I’m afraid...AND one after the other, they go...eventually they go...some take longer than others, but they all go...AND, even if only a handful of them look back on the experience and realize that they did something they thought they couldn’t do, it makes my job at 40 feet in the air well worth it.



“What is the biggest personal problem people have in this world? Lack of self-realization. Because of lack of self-realization, you always underestimate yourself. You’re never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from the scratch once again.”
- Bikram

MySpace Tracker

No comments: